I, Daniel Blake: blog tasks

 1) What is independent cinema and how is it different to Hollywood blockbusters?
An independent film is a lower budget film and the director has power whereas a Hollywood film has a larger budget and star power and the creativity depends on the executives.

2) What is I, Daniel Blake about?
I, Daniel Blake is a social realism film that talks about the struggles of living on benefits and protests and tries to get justice for himself and people on the streets.
3) Who directed I, Daniel Blake and why is this important?
Ken Loach directed I,Daniel Blake this is important as it gives the film director power and Loach doesn't care about the profits but instead spreading and educating politic to the audience.

4) How was I, Daniel Blake promoted to an audience? List at least three different methods used by the film's marketing campaign and how they targeted their audience.
Three ways I,Daniel Blake was promoted was the title of the film was projected onto the parliament, they had Jeremy Corbyn at their premiere in London and they also had a premier in New Castle

5) What unusual or creative marketing methods were used to get audiences talking about the film?
They had a protest at the London Premiere and made people who had lived their lives as Daniel Blake.

6) What was the estimated production budget for I, Daniel Blake and how much did it make at the box office?
The estimated budget for I, Daniel Blake was £2 million and made £11 million at the box office.

7) How can independent films like I, Daniel Blake compete with Hollywood blockbusters like Doctor Strange?
I, Daniel Blake has a deep meaning and is a political film wheras Doctor Strange is well known for its star power and the fact that it is a marvel film.
8) In your opinion, was I, Daniel Blake a success?
In my opinion, i do think I, Daniel Blake was a success as it made 5x its production budget(£11 million) 

Comments

Popular Posts